mountada el samare
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

Muslim Nation Reform- Lesson(19-60): Enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar .

اذهب الى الأسفل

Muslim Nation Reform- Lesson(19-60): Enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar . Empty Muslim Nation Reform- Lesson(19-60): Enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar .

مُساهمة من طرف Admin الثلاثاء يناير 02, 2018 3:04 pm

The principle of binary oppositions:

Dear brothers, one of the basic principles in this life is the principle of binary oppositions; there is truth vs. falsehood, good vs. evil, right vs. wrong, mercy vs. cruelty, justice vs. injustice and all other positive values and the negative ones. The reason is that people are categorized under two types no matter how different they are:

"As for him who gives (in charity) and keeps his duty to Allah and fears Him, * And believes in Al-Husna."

(Al-Layl, 5-6)

"But he who is greedy miser and thinks himself self-sufficient.* And gives the lie to Al-Husna"

(Al-Layl, 8-9)

According to Allah's Deep Wisdom, man was granted the free will, and so he undertook to bear the trust (moral responsibility or honesty and all the duties which Allah has ordained) when Allah the Almighty offered it to him in Al-Azal (the pre-material) world. Allah the Almighty says:

"But they declined to bear it and were afraid of it (i.e. afraid of Allah's Torment). But man bore it."

(Al-Ahzab, 72)

The truth and the falsehood

1-Man is a handful of dust and a breath from the Spirit

Human race is quite unique; man was created from a handful of the dust of the ground and a breath from Allah's Spirit, and he has a mind and desires.

2- The simultaneous existence of every two conflicting parties:

According to Allah's Will, there is an eternal and everlasting struggle between every two conflicting parties. The true believer, to use a contemporary term, respects the Decree of Allah the Almighty; Allah is able to to create the believers on a planet and the non believers on another planet, so that there would be no conflicts, He is able to let the non believes in a continent, and the believers in another one and He is able to create the believers in an era, and the non believers in another one. However, Allah the Almighty wants us (believers and non believers) to live in one place and at one time.

The struggle between truth and falsehood is the logical result of human gathering

The struggle between every two versus things is one of the inevitable results of living together. From the time when Adam was created until the Day of Resurrection, there is an everlasting struggle between truth and falsehood. This is an axiomatic fact. What are we supposed to do concerning this fact?

Enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar is one of the pillars of Islam.

Actually, man was created for Paradise, but he should perform righteous deeds in order to enter It. The greatest one of these good deeds is to support the right and to weaken the wrong, which can be accomplished by enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar. In fact enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar is considered the sixth pillar of Islam, and it is even the reason why this Ummah (Islamic nation) is the best of all other nations. Allah the Almighty says:

"You [true believers in Islamic Monotheism, and real followers of Prophet Muhammad PBUH and his Sunnah (legal ways, etc.)] are the best of peoples ever raised up for mankind."

(Aal-'Imran, 110)

Accomplishing this mission is what makes the Ummah the best of all nations ever raised up for mankind:
"You enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam has ordained) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden), "

(Aal-'Imran, 110)

The consequences of cancelling this mission:

1- A severe defect in faith

Definitely, the one who never enjoins Al-Ma'ruf and forbids Al-Munkar has a serious defect in his faith.

2- The wide spread of the falsehood:

Consider the following example: if your niece visits you wearing indecent clothes, you think that it does not concern you, and all you care about is your relation with your brother. Therefore, you welcome her warmly, you praise her beauty and education and you never ask her politely to wear modest clothes. This social situation is widely spread nowadays, and it makes the falsehood keep spreading and the truth keep shrinking.. The truth should go on forever, but this happens when we enjoin Al-Ma'ruf and forbid Al-Munkar. I repeat what I have just said, whoever does not advises other people, draw their attention to their mistakes or make any positive comment, suffers from a serious defect in his faith.

3- The destruction of nations

One of the reasons of the destruction of nations is mentioned in the Noble Ayah below:

"They used not to forbid one another from the Munkar (wrong, evil-doing, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.) which they committed."

(Al-Ma'idah', 79)

Hence neglecting this pillar is one of the reasons of the destruction of nations. The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"The people before you were destroyed because they used to inflict the legal punishments on the poor and forgive the rich. By Him in Whose Hand my soul is! If Fatima (the daughter of the Prophet, peace be upon him) did that (i.e. stole), I would cut off her hand."

[Agreed upon]

It seems that Muslims have neglected the sixth religious obligation or the sixth pillar of Islam, which is enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar. Actually, when they have forsaken this obligation, or even worse than that when they have enjoined Al-Munkar and forbid Al-Ma'ruf, or even worse than that when they have considered Al-Ma'ruf Munkar and Al-Munkar Ma'ruf, there is almost no hope for the Islamic awakening.

One of the signs of the Last Hour: considering the honest man a liar

Dear brothers, one of the signs of the Last Hour is that people will regard the honest man a liar, while the liar man will be regarded honest. This is the consequence of neglecting enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar; people flatter the powerful and the rich, and they justify all their mistakes.

The Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"How will it be for you when you stop enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar?" The Companions asked inquisitively, "Will it happen, O Messenger of Allah?" The Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, said, "Yes, and worse than that is going to happen." The Companions asked again: "What can be worse than that, O Messenger of Allah." The Messenger, peace be upon him, replied, "How will it be for you when you enjoin Al-Munkar and forbid Al-Ma'ruf." The Companions asked, "Will it happen, O Messenger of Allah?" The question came from the depth of anxiety and fear. The Prophet, may Allah have peace and blessing upon him, said, "Yes, but worse than that." Once more shocking words came. It increased the concern which appeared in the question again. "What is worse than that, O Messenger of Allah?" The Messenger, peace be upon him, said, "How will it be for you when you perceive Al-Ma'ruf as Munkar and Al-Munkar as Ma'ruf?"

An ancient Jahili motto adopted by Muslims nowadays:

The following tow lines of Jahili (the pre Islamic period) poem, was the reason of sending the poet to prison. This poem was considered one of the bitterest satirical poems in Arabic poetry. That poet addressed a man saying:

Do not bother yourself by seeking good manners
Just relax and stay at home as long as
you are offered food and clothing

Unfortunately, these two lines of poem, for which the poet was imprisoned, have become the motto of every Muslim; as if a Muslim says to another one, "Do not advise others, just take care of yourself, and don't interfere in their affairs." Thus, the falsehood gets stronger as the powerful disbeliever commits all kinds of sins and wrongdoings, and people are racing to unreasonably praise him!
In our country, there is a man who owns a mixed swimming pool, so men and women swim in indecent swimming suit with each other. Once he held a party in that swimming pool to celebrate the birthday of Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, and many people commended his morals in that party!

Also, while a father was arranging the wedding of his son, he "cleverly" and "skillfully" managed to convince the wedding singer to take 60 thousand pounds instead of 100 pounds! While there are hundreds of young people who wish to have a tinny house, which even consists of only one room, in order to live in when they get married. This is what happens nowadays.

"How will it be for you when you perceive Al-Ma'ruf as Munkar and Al-Munkar as Ma'ruf?"

Unless we enjoin Al-Ma'ruf and forbid Al-Munkar, there is no hope that our Ummah will rise again. Allah the Almighty says:

"They used not to forbid one another from the Munkar (wrong, evil-doing, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.) which they committed."

(Al-Ma'idah', 79)

4- The backwardness of Muslims

When Muslims neglected enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar, their Ummah has got into the present awkward situation; it has become like other nations Allah the Exalted created with no preference over other nations or merits. The proof is mentioned in the following Noble Ayah:

"And (both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are the children of Allah and His loved ones." Say: "Why then does He punish you for your sins?" Nay, you are but human beings, of those He has created,"

(Al-Mai'dah', 18)

Which means that "you are but one of the nations which are heedless of Allah the Almighty."
Some Ayat which urges Muslims to enjoin Al-Ma'ruf and forbid Al-Munkar:

Dear brothers, you may become amazed at the number of the Noble Ayat which urge Muslims to enjoin Al-Ma'ruf and forbid Al-Munkar.

"Let there arise out of you"

The first Ayah

"Let…" is an imperative verb, and every imperative verb in the Noble Qur'an implies obligation.

"Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful."

(Aal-'Imran, 104)

The second Ayah

Dear brothers, Allah the Almighty says:

"Not all of them are alike; a party of the people of the Scripture stand for the right, they recite the Verses of Allah during the hours of the night, prostrating themselves in prayer. * They believe in Allah and the Last Day; they enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (Islamic Monotheism, and following Prophet Muhammad PBUH) and forbid Al-Munkar (polytheism, disbelief and opposing Prophet Muhammad PBUH); and they hasten in (all) good works; and they are among the righteous."

(Aal-'Imran, 113-114)

Consider the following story which I mention a lot: it is about a taxi-driver who used to offer his services for the passengers on Damascus-Beirut road. Once he was waiting for some passengers in the off season, then a young man and a young woman asked him to drive them to Syria, they asked him to wait for someone who would bring them a suitcase within a quarter of an hour. The taxi-driver waited for that man, but he did not come on time. A septuagenarian person, putting the suitcase on his head arrived, and when the young man saw him, he punched him and scolded him for being late, but the taxi-driver did not notice that. That driver took the suitcase and drove his car. On their way, he heard the young woman saying to that young man: "How could you hit your father!" That driver was an uneducated person, but when he heard that, he stopped driving and said to him: "Get out of the car and take back the taxi fare, lest Allah may afflict us with an accident because of your evil deed. How do you dare hit your father?" Although that driver was an illiterate and a poorly educated person, he adopted a serious attitude to that problem. He was not driven by greed for money as he gave back the taxi fare, and he asked that young man to get out of the car. If everyone shows his disapproval, without being harsh, at others' evil deeds, things will get better. Also, if the uncle turns away from his niece and shows his great annoyance at her clothes whenever he sees her wearing indecently, she will know that there is something wrong with her. However, this is not the case nowadays; someone may commit evil deeds, violate moral limits and laws and commits all kinds of mistakes. Nevertheless, people respect him, honor him and have great regard for him. Such Ummah does not deserve victory from Allah the Almighty. He says:

"They used not to forbid one another from the Munkar (wrong, evil-doing, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.) which they committed. "

(Al-Ma'idah', 79)

Dear brothers, when we enjoin Al-Ma'ruf and forbid Al-Munkar, we will encourage the spread of the truth and reduce the spread of falsehood. On the other hand, when we stop doing that, we will encourage the spread of falsehood and halt the spread of the truth.
The third Aya

"The believers, men and women, are Auliya' (helpers, supporters, friends, protectors) of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. polytheism and disbelief of all kinds, and all that Islam has forbidden); they perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat) and give the Zakat, "

(At-Taubah, 71)

The fourth Ayah

"Verily, Allah has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise."

(At-Taubah, 111)

Then Allah says:

"(The believers whose lives Allah has purchased are) those who repent to Allah (from polytheism and hypocrisy, etc.), who worship Him, who praise Him, who fast (or go out in Allah's Cause), who bow down (in prayer), who prostrate themselves (in prayer), who enjoin (people) for Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all what Islam has ordained) and forbid (people) from Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism of all kinds and all that Islam has forbidden), and who observe the limits set by Allah (do all that Allah has ordained and abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which Allah has forbidden). And give glad tidings to the believers. "

(At-Taubah, 112)

The fifth Ayah

"So when they forgot the remindings that had been given to them, We rescued those who forbade evil, but We seized those who did wrong with a severe torment because they used to rebel (disobey Allah)."

(Al-A'raf, 165)

The sixth Ayah

"Those among the Children of Israel who disbelieved were cursed by the tongue of Dawud (David) and 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary). That was because they disobeyed (Allah and the Messengers) and were ever transgressing beyond bounds. * They used not to forbid one another from the Munkar (wrong, evil-doing, sins, polytheism, disbelief, etc.) which they committed."

(Al-Mai'dah', 78-79)

A five-star wedding party was held, and dancers, men and women were invited together. Women were wearing indecent clothes, and wine battles were offered. That party was reported in several newspapers; the photos of the men who attended that party and their semi-dressed wives appeared in many pages of the newspapers. Yet, few days before that party, some scholars lavishly praised and unreasonably lauded the families of both the bride and the bridegroom when they attended the party which was held after writing the weeding contract, and which was particularly for men. Actually, whoever praises others without being quite sure that they really deserve his praise, he is destroying his reputation. They wrote "good men are for good women and good women are for good men" on the wedding cards while there were wine battles, dancers, and mixing between men and women! Notice how religion has become part of folklore.

Once I was deeply shocked when I read a report that the Noble Quran was recited in Paris as eastern folklore. Such a nation does not deserve to be granted Allah's Victory.

The seventh Ayah

"Why do not the rabbis and the religious learned men forbid them from uttering sinful words and from eating illegal things. Evil indeed is that which they have been performing."

(Al-Mai'dah', 63)

Our present problem is that some Islamic scholars only care for their own interests, and they never advise others, which leaves a huge gap between Shari'ah and people. The mission of the Islamic missioner is to call to people to apply Shair'ah rulings to their lives. This is a hard task, so some scholars make things easier for themselves and for people by making Shari'ah rulings in harmony with people's non Islamic way of life and by giving false fatawa (the plural of fatwa: an Islamic legal opinion) which makes lawful what Allah prohibited and prohibits what Allah made lawful.
As I always say, whoever looks for fatwa which allows his illegal act, should know for sure that there is a false fatwa for every sin. Is he interested in false fatwa or in piety? Hence, there is a false fatwa for every sin, even the major one; the usurious investment which Allah the Almighty threatens those who deal with it with a war from Him. He says:
"And if you do not do it, then take a notice of war from Allah and His Messenger"

(Al-Baqarah, 279)

The false fatwa and piety

I repeat again: there is a fatwa for the greatest sin, and it was issued by the highest Islamic reference in an Islamic country. In that fatwa he permitted depositing money in banks claiming that the usurious benefits are lawful. As a result, 83 billion pounds were deposited in banks on the next day. Thus, there is a fatwa for each sin, even the major ones.

Whoever searches for a fatwa which allows him to commit a sin should know that there is a false fatwa for every sin, even the major one. The real success is to be a pious Muslim, not to follow those false fatawa. I'd like to remind you that even if you were able to get a fatwa from the Prophet, peace be upon him, the Master of all human race and the beloved of the Truth (Allah the Almighty), to your own advantage while you were unfair, you would not be saved from Allah's Punishment. The proof of this is mentioned in the noble Hadith below in which the Prophet, peace be upon him, said:

"Verily, I am only a human and the claimants bring to me (their disputes); perhaps some of them are more eloquent than others. I judge according to what I hear from them). So, he whom I, by my judgment, (give the undue share) out of the right of a Muslim, I in fact give him a portion of (Hell) Fire".

[Agreed upon]

The eighth Ayah

"If only there had been among the generations before you, persons having wisdom, prohibiting (others) from Al-Fasad (disbelief, polytheism, and all kinds of crimes and sins) in the earth, except a few of those whom We saved from among them. Those who did wrong pursued the enjoyment of good things of (this worldly) life, and were Mujrimun (criminals, disbelievers in Allah, polytheists, sinners, etc.)."

(Hud, 116)

The ninth Ayah

"Those (Muslim rulers) who, if We give them power in the land, (they) order for Iqamat-as-Salat. [i.e. to perform the five compulsory congregational Salat (prayers) (the males in mosques)], to pay the Zakat and they enjoin Al-Ma'ruf (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do), and forbid Al-Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism and all that Islam has forbidden) [i.e. they make the Quran as the law of their country in all the spheres of life]. And with Allah rests the end of (all) matters (of creatures)."
( Al-Hajj, 41 )

The above aforementioned Ayat are some of the Noble Ayat which are related to enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar.
Some noble Ahadeeth which prompt people to enjoin Al-Ma'ruf and forbid Al-Munkar

The first Hadith

"The people of Al-Ma'ruf in this world are the people of Al-Ma'ruf in the Next World. The people of Al-Munkar in this world are the people of Al-Munkar in the Next World."

[At-Tabarani]

The second Hadith

"The most liked deeds to Allah is Faith in Allah, then maintaining the ties of kinship, then enjoining the right and forbidding the wrong."

[Al-Jami' As-Saghir]

The third Hadith

"Whoever leads to good, he is like the one who does it."

[At-Tirmidhi]
The forth Hadith

"When sin is done in the earth, he who sees it and disapproves of it will be taken like one who was not present, but he who is not present and approves of it will be like him who sees."

[Abu Dawood]

If you live in Damascus and hear that someone in Canada made a huge wealth by defrauding , and you comment on that story saying that he is quite clever, you should know for sure that it is as if you witnessed that and did not disapprove it.

"When sin is done in the earth, he who sees it and disapproves of it will be taken like one who was not present, but he who is not present and approves of it will be like him who sees."

The fifth Hadith

"Whoever helps in killing a Muslim even by just a part of a word, he will meet Allah with the written phrase on his forehead 'Despondent of Allah's Mercy'."

[Ibn Abi Aasim]

The sixth Hadith
"Whoever assists a tyrant, will be subjected by God to the domination of that tyrant."

[Ibn Asaker]

The seventh Hadith:

"When the people see a wrongdoer and do not prevent him, Allah will soon punish them all."

[Abu Dawood, At-Tirmidhi and An-Nasa'i]

The eighth Hadith

"There are no people among whom sins are committed, and they do not change them although they are stronger and of a higher status than those who commit the sins, but Allah will send His punishment upon them all."

[Ahmad, Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah and Ibn Habban]

The ninth Hadith

"Whoever amongst you sees an evil, he must change it with his hand; if he is unable to do so, then with his tongue; and if he is unable to do so, then with his heart; and that is the weakest form of Faith".

[Muslim]

The tenth Hadith

"By Him in Whose Hand my life is, you either enjoin good and forbid evil, or Allah will certainly soon send His punishment to you. Then you will make supplication and it will not be accepted"

[At-Tirmidhi]

Nowadays, many Muslim countries suffer wars, and Muslims all around the world make Du'a to Allah in Masajid to grant Muslims victory, but Allah does not respond to their Du'a. No matter how much you supplicate Allah, Allah the Almighty will never respond to your Du'a as long as you do not enjoin Al-Ma'ruf and forbid Al-Munkar.

No to violence, yes to gentleness and good word

Dear brothers, I am not pushing you be violent while enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar, but you should show your disapproval of the wrongdoers. At least do not be extravagantly kind to them. If a morally deviated man visits you, and you know that he commits all kinds of sins at his home, yet you exaggerate in welcoming him, your son, who also knows about the bad deeds of that visitor, will get fairly confused; why then do you welcome him so warmly?

You should wisely enjoin Al-Ma'ruf and forbid Al-Munkar. However, if enjoining Al-Ma'ruf and forbidding Al-Munkar will certainly have reversed results, then it is enough to disapprove Al-Munkar secretly in your heart.
Admin
Admin
Admin

المساهمات : 835
تاريخ التسجيل : 29/03/2014
الموقع : gmail.forumalgerie.net

https://gmail.forumalgerie.net

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل

الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة

- مواضيع مماثلة

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:
لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى